[mythtv-users] Default Time Stretch per recording

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Fri Feb 23 01:08:36 UTC 2007

> Ahh, so you are the "awithers" :)  Thanks for the answer.  So,
> basically, it was removed and added to playback groups?

If I were not so lazy, playback groups would have been how it was
originally. Yes, the feature moved, it was a good thing.

> Why not support for both?

Why? Supporting both doesn't gain much (my original patch was more
intrusive). It took a few minutes for me to switch. After the switch, when
one suddenly determines that it would be nice if all news shows went just a
little faster, playback groups just saved you the time you lost switching.

As for why the column is still there and MythWeb still has the option,
things take time, some things don't become a priority until a release is
imminent.

--
Anduin Withers