[mythtv-users] Disabling tuner 1 of a PVR-500?

Bill Bill at explosivo.com
Fri Feb 23 02:13:04 UTC 2007

I have been looking at a big problem I have with my PVR-500...  The
first tuner on it works terribly, the second is fine.  I have a PVR-350
that comes up before them.

I found some references to moving to a newer kernel that helped some
with the samsung tuner (which I am lucky enough to have).  I also tried
removing my powered amp, which just made things worse.

I was surprised that only one of the tuners on the 500 was bad.

Anyway, I plan on upgrading, but in the meantime is there any easy way
to remove / disable just that one?  I think I can start over with
mythtv-setup and not define it, but to do that I have to remove all of
them?

Is there a way to just say "dont use this tuner for now"?

Any help, or words of hope for the PVR-500 is also welcome!