[mythtv-users] No channels on Nova-T-500

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 09:08:28 UTC 2007

On 2/23/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:
> Previously when I set up Xorg it supported this resolution fine:
>
> (II) NVIDIA(0): Validated modes:
> (II) NVIDIA(0):     "1360x768"
> (II) NVIDIA(0):     "1024x768"
> (II) NVIDIA(0):     "800x600"
> (II) NVIDIA(0):     "640x480"
> (II) NVIDIA(0): Virtual screen size determined to be 1360 x 768
>
> but now I'm on a custom 2.6.20 kernel to get the nova-t working I get
>
> (II) NVIDIA(0): Not using mode "1360x768" (no mode of this name)
>
> Which really sucks.

There are some recent threads on this subject. If you're using a more
recent nvidia driver, you may need to tweak your xorg.cong slightly
otherwise the mode is rejected (run startx -- -logverbose 5 to get
more info).

Search for something along the lines of 'custom modeline rejected 9xxx'

If this is one of the 'standard' Samsung LCDs, you'll get much better
picture quality if you can drive it over DVI. VGA at 1360x768 is
usually 60Hz only but if you use DVI you can get a 50Hz refresh rate
which is much better suited to your 50Hz PAL source. (Though I'm
assuming that your MX4000 doesn't support DVI out)

Mark