[mythtv-users] I don't want to record ANY live TV. Setting?

Mike Angstadt daenris at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 16:19:14 UTC 2007

On 2/22/07, Matthew Asplund <mattasplund at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have to agree with this.  I am running on an old Compaq 1GHz P3 with 512
> MB and with the PVR-150 I never have resource problems.  Recording only
> takes 10% of the CPU, and playback of live TV takes 50% or so.  Of course it
> is getting harder to buy a real PVR-150 since Hauppauge is shipping newer
> cards in PVR-150 boxes that don't work with ivtv.  But I think it was the
> best $60 I spend in getting things working.

Here too.  I do my recording and live TV on a PII 300MHz with 256MB of
RAM and a PVR-150 backend, with a 512MB 600MHz VIA EPIA frontend.
Granted, with that low powered backend I can't record super high
quality, but on my 21 inch TV it's nearly indistinguishable from
watching it straight off the cable box.  Get a PVR-150 and you'll be
fine with your specs.

-Mike