[mythtv-users] OT: USB IR Receiver questions

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Feb 23 21:25:12 UTC 2007

I've been wanting to setup a separate frontend instead of running my
main frontend on my backend machine. My problem has always been the
remote control. With my last PVR150 I bought, it came with some type of
IR receiver, or possibly an IR blaster that a receiver plugs into.(?) I
could provide a picture...

Anyway, the back of it says it's an "acer Model No. MCEIR-210". I also
have the IR receiver to plug into it.

Anyone know if I can use these to setup lirc for use with MythTV?
Anyone already doing with this device?

The other issue is that the remote that came with this setup uses RC6,
but I need it to work with the older hauppaugge remotes, which I think
are RC5.

If anyone knows anything about this I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks,
James