[mythtv-users] DVD Import Not Starting

Thomas Krauss thomas.krauss at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 21:27:05 UTC 2007

> i couldn't find anything relevant in the frontend or backend logs.  have you
> tried running the frontend and backend with '-v all'?  perhaps one of them
> will throw a usable error message.  that's about all i've got left to suggest.
> sorry i couldn't be more help.

Success!  I ran the frontend with the "-v all" option and sure enough
it told me exactly what was wrong.  Well, mostly.  The error was
something along the lines of "no place to put video.  Mythvideo
installed?"  I'm running Ubuntu and apparently installing the mythdvd
package is not sufficient.  Mythvideo needs to be installed
separately.  A quick install and all is well now.  Thanks for your
help, Peter.