[mythtv-users] Slightly OT? - Video Quality

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Feb 23 22:33:14 UTC 2007

Brett Kosinski wrote:
> As for the issues getting 150's, last I'd heard, that was only a
> problem with one particular retailer (I think Fry's... or maybe it was
> NewEgg?).  Being a Canadian resident, I ordered a 150 from NCIX a few
> weeks ago and received the correct model with no problems (and it had
> been backordered at the time).

The Adaptec AVC-2410 is also supported by ivtv, and might be an
alternative for people who can't locate a PVR-150.  I have one and it
works very nicely.  Picture quality is excellent, some of the best I've
seen from a computer capture card.  The signal quality blows my saa7134
card out of the water.  It's retail packaged as the "Adaptec VideoOh!
DVD Media Center PCI Edition."