[mythtv-users] Powerstrip modeline not working

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 20:45:32 UTC 2007

> Is the Hz figure after the "@" the VertRefresh and the figures in
> brackets the HorizSync? If so, that makes my VertRefresh range 60-85
> and my HorizSync range 31.46 - 68.38 doesn't it?

I plugged these VertRefresh and HorizSync figures into xorg.conf and
started X in logverbose 6  mode. I get a whole load of valid modes
from the pool now - but there isn't one for 1366 x 768. The nearest is
1280 x 768. Do I just take that as "close enough" or is there
something else I can do to get 1366 x 768? As this is the mative
resolution of this plasma TV I figure it should be best to get it
working at this resolution to avoid scaling, shouldn't it?

Finally (one for Steve probably) how do you suggest I should update
the wiki page for this? It doesn't seem enough to just add something
in about the valid mode pools as it's been such a lot of work to get
this far. Should I add a page just about this TV, do you think?

Regards,
Phill