[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Re: What HDTV capture card has the mostsupport?]

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Sat Feb 24 21:24:43 UTC 2007

On Saturday 24 February 2007 15:48, Trampas wrote:
> I just got a HDHomeRun and I can receive the HDTV over the cable, at least
> the unencrypted channels but have not figured out how to delete the
> encrypted ones from myth and how to set up the correct schedule. Does
> anyone have a link to a how to?

Are you trying to delete the encrypted channels so that they don't show up at
all in MythTV, or so that they don't show up for the HDHomeRun device but do
show up for some other device? If the former, I find the easiest way to
delete channels is from MythWeb. If you're running it, go to:

http://localhost/mythweb/settings/channels

(Change "localhost" to your MythTV system's hostname, if appropriate.) You can
then check the "delete" boxes to the left of each unwanted channel and
click "Save."

If you're not running MythWeb, you can do the same from mythtv-setup. Go into
the Channel Editor, select a channel you don't want, and press the "d" key.
This will produce a dialog box asking for confirmation. You'll need to repeat
this process for each channel.

If you want to keep the encrypted channels available for another tuner (say,
an NTSC tuner connected to a cable box), then I believe your best bet is to
create multiple sources. In mythtv-setup, select the Video Sources option and
create one source for the HDHomeRun (you might call it "unencrypted digital"
or something) and another for your cable box (or whatever; you might call
it "cable box"). You can then assign those sources to the appropriate input
devices using the Input Connections page and, if necessary, edit the channels
for each (as just described) in the Channel Editor or via MythWeb.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com