[mythtv-users] MythArchive: Failed while running ffmpeg

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Mon Feb 26 05:37:45 UTC 2007

Hi.  I just set up MythTV from atrpm son my FC6 box & PVR-350.  It went
pretty well.  Thousands of times better than when I tried a couple of
years ago compiling everything from tarballs.

One problem I'm having that when I try to use MythArchive to burn a
recording to DVD.  I'm seeing the following error (wrapped for email):
ERROR: Failed while running ffmpeg to re-encode video
Command was ffmpeg -v -i "/data/mythtv/tmp/work/1/newfile.mpg"
-r ntsc -target dvd -b 4771k -s 720x480 -acodec ac3
-ab 192 -ac 2 -copyts -aspec 4:3
"/data/mythtv/tmp/work/1/newfile2.mpg" -map 0:0 -map 0:1

I see the following at the bottom of the logfile, though I don't know if
it's related or not, since there's no other context:
2007-02-25 20:42:11.037 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
localhost
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories: No such file or directory
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories: No such file or directory
If this message is in fact related, I assume it means either my
configuration contains a reference to a directory that doesn't exist, or
some part of the process is trying to delete the directory (or the
parent of the directory) it's currently in.  But which one?

Any clues?  Alternately, is there a way to build a DVD with a recording
(or a few recordings) from a program automatically?

Thanks in advance,

PS: I would have loved to capture more of the output, but there doesn't
seem to be a way to copy the text in the output window, and it wasn't in
the logfile either.  I had to retype it as best as I could.  Is there a
way to copy that text?