[mythtv-users] playback not smooth regardless of source

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 08:34:33 UTC 2007

> I am running a lightweight window manager (openbox).  Ubuntu Feisty with
> the latest Ubuntu Feisty myth packages (one person claimed they had the
> same problems I am having and resolved the problem by rolling their own
> packages.  That would be my solution of last resort).

My suggestion is to do this.  Also use the --enable-proc-opt option
(amongst others) during configure.  You may even want to consider
looking at rolling your own ffmpeg, but that would be after first just
trying a custom 'roll' of myth.  IMHO, it's your best bet to ensure
that myth is doing it's best on your hardware.

> seth / @sethdaniel.org
> I used to jog, but the ice kept bouncing out of my glass.

Heh heh heh!

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable systems at reasonable prices:
http://www.pauselivetv.com