[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 08:45:29 UTC 2007

On 25/02/07, Luca Lucchesi <shacky83 at hotmail.it> wrote:
> I installed MythTV 0.20 on a system running Debian testing.
> The compiling and making process was run without error, but when I rrun
> mythtv-setup I have a problem.
> After I select the language, it doesn't appear anything, I see the
> mythtv-setup wallpaper, but nothing else appears on the screen.
> The only errors I see on the console are these:
>
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":1.0".
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":1.0".
> DisplaResX: Unable to XRRgetScreenInfo
>
> How I can solve this problem?

What video card are you using? Do you have these options listed in
your /etc/xorg.conf file?

For my video card (a Radeon 9000 Pro, using the radeon driver) I have:

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"      <===     this is the module the error shows as missing
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "dri"
EndSection

If you add the glx line to the Module section of your xorg.conf file
(and your hardware supports it) does this help you out?

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/