[mythtv-users] Recovering recordings

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Feb 26 16:17:00 UTC 2007

Sreeram Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>   I had some issue with lirc when i installed vlc. I
> didnt know this and dropped the database, removed lirc
> (which removed vlc also) then i re created the
> mythconverg database and I went through all the steps
> of redoing the settings. The problem is, I see all my
> old recordings in my video directory. But, I dont see
> it from my recordings menu of mythtv as well as
> mythweb. Could someone help me in recoverng these
> please? I tried googling but no hits so far.

You can reimport them, but you'll get much better results if you can
russle up some guide data from when the recordings were created and put
it into the database (and I can't really help you with that).

I submitted a patch to myth.rebuilddatabase.pl quite some time ago which
used that guide data to guess reasonable names for shows.

http://www.stillhq.com/mythtv/000012.html

Mikal