[mythtv-users] PVR-500 saga continues

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 16:33:25 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 18:32 -0500, John Drescher wrote:
> > I'm using a hand-built Ubuntu 2.6.20 kernel from recent sources
> > (Feisty Fawn, patched with driver for my HighPoint RocketRaid 2300)
> > with IVTV 0.9.1.
> >
> Then you have the LNA on by default which is weird as with the LNA on
> you should not have one tuner with snow and the other without.

I'm sorry, I miscommunicated.  It used to be that way, but at some
point, both tuners started working about the same, though tuner 2 is
still not as good on some channels.  I assumed it was either the signal
booster or a better signal from the cable company.  I did not yet know
about the LNA.

I don't think that the signal booster is adjustable.  If it was, I would
experiment with turning down the amplification to see if the diagonal
lines go away.  I suppose I will have to find an attenuator, or perhaps
move the amp to behind the splitter, or both.

--
Karl Hegbloom <karlheg at gmail.com>