[mythtv-users] Dish Network customers, any receiver better than another?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 19:56:35 UTC 2007

I'm getting ready to ditch comcast (basic, not digital) and get Dish
Network, but I'm not sure what receiver I want.  Is there a specific
receiver that works better than others for MythTV?  Do any of the Dish
Network receivers have firewire (if so, is it enabled)?  I'm also
going to be getting the HDTV programming, so hopefully the firewire
option is available, otherwise I'll just have to down-res into my
PVR-500.

Also, any hints on setting up a receiver with MythTV?  I've read the
wiki entries, I'm still a little confused, but I figure once I get
started it will start making sense.  Specifically, the IR Blaster info
seems confusing...

Thanks for any pointers!

-Chad