[mythtv-users] Encrypted Cable channels How do they do it?

Mitchell Gore mitchell2345 at msn.com
Tue Feb 27 03:14:04 UTC 2007

Hi,I know that we cant record HD encrypted channels with any of the QAM Tuners made today.  But i was just wondering how all the episodes of Soprano's  etc are uploaded to the various torrent sites right after the show aired?  Are they really buying the $2000+ hardware to convert Component to digital?  Or are they using some special hardware Or maybe hacking there STB'sJust curious,Mitchell