[mythtv-users] Inconsistent program naming in EIT guide on FreeView (UK DVB)

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Tue Feb 27 11:58:19 UTC 2007

On 27/02/07, junk <junk at giantblob.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble with Myth recording a lot of duplicate programs. I'm
> in the UK, recording FreeView DVB broadcasts and using the
> over-the-air/EIT program guide only. For example I've ended up with four
> copies of a recent Ugly Betty episode (some people would argue that even
> one copy of this show was probably surplus to requirements but I have to
> 'test' MythTV on something...)
>
> I've set up a rule to record this show at any time on any channel since
> the same series is transmitted on Channel 4, E4 and E4+1 at different
> times throughout the week.

Try 'find and record one showing of this title each week' instead.
This works for me (with RT data, not EIT). My data point is Desperate
Housewives, which has about as many showings across 3 channels as Ugly
Betty - it messed up in the first week of the new season because there
were 2 new episodes in a week, but since then it's been fine. Myth
will record the earliest showing of a new episode, bumping it to a
later showing regardless of channel in case of conflicts.

I've learnt to trust the way Myth does this - the less messing around
you do manually selecting and de-selecting showings of the same
program, the more it will do for you.

Again, I use RT data, not EIT.

Peter
--