[mythtv-users] Is there a way to do...

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Feb 28 04:11:57 UTC 2007

Kevin Ould wrote:
> Sorry for the multiple messages tonight, this is the last one. I have
>  been setting up all my favourite shows to record and have found some
> new ones I like in the process. Normally I set up my recordings to
> record "New Episodes Only" of the shows I follow, not wanting to
> record the reruns. But if I select a show which I haven't followed
> before but would like to start recording it and set it to record at
> any time on any channel and don't use a filter will it record the
> older episodes as well as the newer and be smart enough to not record
> the same episode twice? Say if Episode #1 of Show X is recorded on
> March 1st. I watch it say the next day and delete it when finished
> but then Episode 1 is shown again on March 10th, will Myth re-record
> the same episode again? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I wasn't
> sure what the logic was here.

It will remember the episodes you've recorded forever so if the
same episode is shown again, it will be marked as "P". You can
allow episodes to record again by selecting "allow re-record"
when you delete, selecting "Forget previous" for an upcoming
showing from any scheduling page or by going to the Previously
Recorded page and removing one or all episodes for the title.

There's lots of stuff you can do to control your schedule. See:

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html

--  bjm