[mythtv-users] MythTV setup - surprisingly easier than I remember...

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 1 11:50:07 UTC 2007

Ok this is basically just a congrats to everyone who's made MythTV a lot
simpler to set up than it used to be. At least, getting it working in under
an hour about a week ago is by far a much nicer experience than the months
and months it took me a year ago. That said, I had no idea what I was doing
a year ago, but I know at least channel scanning has improved by miles.

And one other thing I noticed, and I'm not entirely sure if it's meant to do
this or not, but are channel icons now automatically installed by MythTV? I
put a load of icons in ~/.mythtv/channels named obvious stuff like bbc1.jpg
and setanta_sports1.jpg and i swear i didn't touch a thing but all the
channel icon info has been filled in for me and they all work perfectly. If
I really didn't do this in my sleep, it's gotta be the first program I've
seen in linux to auto set up anything useful. Wow. Anyway... enough love for
you... get back to work, I want the thing to auto install/setup itself this
time next year ;o).

Christopher

The Crimea / The Crocketts
http://www.inaudible.co.uk