[mythtv-users] Subtitles?

Tony Sutton Tony at hypertony.co.uk
Mon Jan 1 17:37:15 UTC 2007

Thanks for the replies everyone. So far so good.

Here's my hardware setup that I hope to use:

AMD Athlon XP 2800+
1GB memory
60GB or 80GB HDD, whichever I can find in my box.

And a box full of TV tuners!! Is there a listing or FAQ where it will tell
you which card will work and will not work? Here's the list anyway...

2 x ATI Theater 550 Pro - chipset 218T510AKA13
2 x NVIDIA (model P179) - chipset Philips SAA7174AHL
2 x Thomson DVB-T - Conexant DVB-T CX22702-15 and Conexant Broadcast Decoder
CX23881-19
1 x WinTV - Conexant CX23416-12
1 x Philips Emuzed Inc - chipset SAA7134HL
1 x Pinnacle PCTV  - chipset BT848AKPF

My aim is to watch TV via DVB-T, so I guess I'm better off with using the 2
x Thomson DVB-T tuners (one to watch and another one to record), but only if
it's supported under MythTV?

Do I need a beefy video card or a cheapo 32MB card will do fine?

Many thanks,

- Tony Sutton
-  <http://www.fordst170.co.uk/> http://www.fordst170.co.uk

  _____