[mythtv-users] Getting MythWeb authentication working

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Jan 1 21:37:57 UTC 2007

I'm trying to activate require login to my MythWeb pages. I have installed
from Ubuntu 6.10.

Here is what I have done:

1) Added the following lines in /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess.conf

    AuthType           Digest
	AuthName           "MythTV"
	AuthDigestFile      /var/www/htdigest
	Require            valid-user
	BrowserMatch       "MSIE"  AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On

2) Created the following link:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 44 2007-01-01 16:19 auth_digest.load ->
/etc/apache2/mods-available/auth_digest.load

3) Restared Apache2.

However now when I follow the link, I get the contents of /var/www/htdigest
displayed, instead of alogin prompt, ot the web page itself.

What am I doing wrong?

(Dennis Ritchie)