[mythtv-users] trouble transcoding to FLV

Brad Staton brad.staton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 01:12:34 UTC 2007

On 12/23/06, Henry A Harper III <hah at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:

> > I use the following with my script for a program I call Mythtube:
> > mencoder -ofps 12 -of lavf -lavfopts
> > i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -oac lavc
> > -lavcopts acodec=mp3:abitrate=32 -channels 1 -srate 22050 -ovc lavc
> > -lavcopts
> > vcodec=flv:vbitrate=200:cbp:mv0:mbd=2:trell:v4mv:predia=2:dia=2:la
> > st_pred=3
> > -vop spp,scale=360:240,harddup -o
> > /data/www/html/mythtube/$TITLE-$STARTTIME.flv $VIDEODIR/$FILENAME
> >
> > Here's the post I did if your interested in the flash streaming
> > (Mythtube) I setup:
> >

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/234501?search_string=myth
> tube;#234501
>
> I just got my mythtube setup going this week. Very cool.
>
> I needed to upgrade my "lame" (name of not description of :) )
> installation
> from stock FC5 / August's atrpms to latest from atrpms since it was
> throwing
> a segfault on the above mp3 codec option. Then I mounted the destination
> flv
> directory via CIFS from my mythbox to my webserver box. Did I mention it's
> super cool? Thanks Jeff!

Jeff and/or Henry,

Could either of you post your Myth and mencoder version numbers for me?  Are
you installing packages or building from source?  With mencoder, the sound
is getting encoded properly, but for video I'm only getting a blank green
frame.  Thanks for all of your help - your MythTube setup has been a very
helpful guide Jeff.

--
--Brad Staton
Brad.Staton at gmail.com