[mythtv-users] HDTV Capture with Rogers Cable Box

Michael Kipper mkipper at rogers.com
Tue Jan 2 03:59:24 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've been using MythTV for a while for my standard definition needs.
I recently bought a Sony 1080p HDTV, which came with a Rogers PVR for 10 months.
The Rogers box (Scientific Atlanta 8300HD) is $24.95/month after the 10 month trial and is crap compared to MythTV.

So catch me up. What are my options for capturing HDTV from the Rogers box?
All the HDTV capture solutions I've seen are for over-the-air HDTV, not capturing from my paid-for stream.

Thanks!
Michael Kipper