[mythtv-users] pcHD3000 card issues

Peter Buelow pete at putzin.net
Tue Jan 2 04:38:49 UTC 2007

I've got a question I'm hoping someone knows an a quick answer to. I
just clean installed FC6 after having my myth box sit idle for a while.
Thought that while I was upgrading HW, I would also upgrade to the
latest .20 via yum and use the latest fedora. This thing worked like a
champ before with the same cards (I upgraded the CPU and memory), but
now the HD channels are out. I believe the problem to be the following.
The or51132 driver loads the correct firmware I believe
(dvb-fe-or51132-qam.fw, I'm in Chicago, IL, USA with comcast), but
there's an error I have never seen before.

or51132: Waiting for firmware upload(dvb-fe-or51132-qam.fw)...
or51132: Version: 10001334-17430000 (133-4-174-3)
or51132: Firmware upload complete.
or51132: unknown status 0x64

The last line there is spit out by the driver when it's looking up the
card parameters and setting it's modulation scheme. In this case, 0x06
is VSB_8, 0x43 is QAM_64, and 0x45 is QAM_256. I think I want 0x45, but
it's obviously getting 0x64. The code then returns an error here and I
think I can't actually decode HD because the card is not setup
correctly. There is no mod param to force any of this either. Does
anyone have any thoughts, or has this been seen before?

-Pete