[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause on Frontend playing back BBC HD

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Tue Jan 2 08:16:09 UTC 2007

Mike Choy wrote:

>Hi Chris
>
>Just to add some more data points..
>

>4. I saw a post where the stutter NVP prebuffer pause was a result of
>poor Aeriel, and I think this might be an issue as I suspect that HD is
>more critical to the quality of the downlink. ( no problems with SD TV
>payback on my system). Will try and use a better downlead as soon as I
>can rig it up.

Nope, H.264 has been designed to allow for more gracefull degradation in
the face of packet loss. If with HD you mean MPEG2 then you are correct.
The rest of your post being concerned about H.264 though, the answer is
no, not more sensitive.
Keep in mind that in the USA, HD at the moment in most cases means MPEG2
HD. USA will take another year before starting to deploy H.264. They
will move that way though.

Rudy