[mythtv-users] LiveTV not working - again

Clay babyhuml at msn.com
Tue Jan 2 18:35:31 UTC 2007

Was anyone able to help Michel with this issue?  I am experiencing it too.

Background: I have been happily running .19 on FC4 for 7 months, with all
the bells and whistles running well.  Because I have a fear of commitment, I
am using a spare drive to build a .20/FC6 instance and avoid any mysterious
upgrade issues.  I have run into the error described below, and have
verified that I have one channel instance in my db, and have the appropriate
permissions on my directories.
	This is a fresh build of .20 and FC6.  I can capture using mplay,
but when I try to record, or watch live TV from inside of MythTV, it gives
me a blank screen for 30-45 secs, then fails back to the mythtv menu. When I
debug front/backend, it appears to be writing blocks to an .nuv file and
ratcheting through the timer, but it always fails.

TIA

Clay