[mythtv-users] Kurobox + WinTV-PVR-USB2 = working backend??

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 20:32:53 UTC 2007

On 1/1/07, mark mckelvey <memckelvey at comcast.net> wrote:

> I know at least one person in the kuro forums has it running with
> gentoo, but I am currently running into issues with debian.
>

> Thanks for the link.  I read through that thread, and everything else I
> could find on the kuro wiki.  Can you confirm a couple things for me?

I've have it up and running now as my Myth MBE + mysql + lighttpd +
mythweb.  I am using the source from the current package on
debian-multimedia.org recompiled with --disable-alivec after patching
libs/libmythmpeg2 with changeset 11203 and a similar change to
cpu_state.c.

It looks like libqt3-mt 3:3.3.7-2 is now dependent on libpng12
1.2.15~beta5-1 so you won't run into the same segmentation fault
issues I did in mythtv-setup.

> It seems to me that:
>
> -  Myth on Gentoo can be made to work with this setup, and russK on the kuro
> boards has done it.
> -  Myth on Debian might work with this setup, and progress has been made,
> but it is not yet completely successful  (I'm wondering whether the Eric
> replaying to this thread is the same Eric replying to the linked Kuro Wiki
> thread).

Yup, one and the same. I changed my name when I got married but still
use this address for high traffic mailing lists.

> -  Gentoo is probably the easier path, and I should probably pursue the
> U-boot path to make it work with 2.6 and USB-fu.
> -  This should probably be handled entirely on the Kuro-wiki :)

I'm collecting my notes and patches, and I am planning to add them to
the Kuro Wiki, but if you follow the steps to get a working Debian
based Kuro from the wiki then follow the steps related to patching and
dpkg-buildpackage that sparky2 posted in the kuro forum you should
have a working system in a couple of hours.

> Just want to skip any obvious mistakes before I make them.  Thanks for the
> info - MMcK

Cheers!
Eric