[mythtv-users] DVB-C problems

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Wed Jan 3 13:53:31 UTC 2007

Janne Grunau wrote:

>On Wednesday 03 January 2007 11:44, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
>

>>Janne Grunau wrote:

>>Lets skip this discussion, i am not so much interested in this as in
>>getting it to work.
>>

>I agree.
>

>>>would it help if mythtv would parse NIT-actual and all NIT-others? I
>>>don't like the approach of entering the correct netwerkid for
>>>scanning. Could you send a dump of all NITs, it would help to see
>>>how the differ to find a viable solution.
>>>

>>Would help.
>>

>Ok, I'll prepare a patch. I'm not convinced that it will help since I
>expect that the transports will get overwritten by different NITs.

Lets discuss. Now that it is setup, its working (see below). Its the
channel scan that is still not working.

>>Side discussion: On the other hand, on DVB-S being able to enter a
>>network-id would be a boon. In the current situation when you enable
>>encrypted channels, you get all of them. In reality you will only be
>>able to receive those you have a smartcard for. Which means channels
>>with a particular network-id. Being able to filter on network-id in
>>DVB-S would limit the scan to the channels you can actually use. (and
>>not clutter the channel table with hundreds or thousands of un-usable
>>channels).
>>

>This will solved differently. I'm working on a signalmonitor check for
>encrypted channels.

Curious how you will do that.

>>>Please provide a
>>>backend log with -v channel,record,siparser. My first guess would be
>>>that the original network id
>>>

>>Original network-id = 1000, network-id of NIT-Other for my area =
>>1111. All original network-id's are 1000, both in TS loop, as well as
>>in SDT as well as in EIT.
>>

>Then it should work. MythTV doesn't care for the network id and if the
>orginal network id is for all transports in all NITs the same it should
>work fine.
>Oh, I saw the logs and have one further question did you enter "your"
>network id into dtv_multiplex.network_id? That is incorrect, it is
>actually the original network id despite the naming.

Grrrr.... Changed that to 1000 and it works, including EIT. Thankx!
Currently letting the EIT scanner do its job to see whether it captures
all. So far it does.

thats a misnomer thats cost me some time....