[mythtv-users] Adding storage (slightly OT)

frank at frankg.net frank at frankg.net
Wed Jan 3 16:23:12 UTC 2007

I have a 250GB and 320GB SATA disk in my be+fe, and over christmas added an older 120GB PATA disk to this setup. My original music (ext3) and video (jfs) logical volumes now span SATA and PATA disks without any problems so far. The only real issue is that I've added some points of failure to my setup, and I don't know how good the old PATA disk is. I just hope the PATA disk is not too old - if it breaks I have 2 broken file systems. Hmm. Maybe time for some backups now I think of it.

-Frank