[mythtv-users] disable commflagging for certain stations

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 3 18:14:59 UTC 2007

On 12/31/2006 09:38 AM, John Drescher wrote:
> On 12/31/06, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
>
>> Certain stations I record from, like PBS, do not have commercials. I have
>> found settings via MythWeb (Configure Channels) to mark these stations
>> as "commfree". However, when I go to make a recording from these stations
>> (via MythWeb), the Auto-flag commercials checkbox is selected.
>>
>> What is the right way to disable comflagging for individual stations?
>>
> I believe that still works as I have HBO set as commfree and I have
> recorded dozens of times from HBO (using mythweb) and it never flags
> anything.

Yep.  You specify on the rule whether to flag commercials.  You can also
specify that a channel is commfree.  Then, when you have an "all
channels" rule that records your show on a channel with commercials, it
will be flagged.  However, if Myth records the same show on a channel
with no commercials, Myth knows to skip commflagging.

Mike