[mythtv-users] Problems compiling .20 svn

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jan 3 18:25:07 UTC 2007

tgate wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:31 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org
> <mailto:mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org> wrote:

<snip>

>>> D_REENTRANT -DPIC -fPIC  -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPREFIX=\"\" -
>>>
>>> D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -
>>>
>>> DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I/
>>>
>>> include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -I/include -I/include/mythtv -I/
>>>
>>> include/mythtv/ffmpeg -I/include/mythtv/libmythtv -I/usr/include -I/
>>>
>>> usr/lib/qt3/include -o main.o main.cpp
>>>
>>> main.cpp:19:32: error: mythtv/mythcontext.h: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> main.cpp:20:31: error: mythtv/mythplugin.h: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> main.cpp:21:30: error: mythtv/dialogbox.h: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> main.cpp:22:25: error: mythtv/util.h: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> main.cpp:23:45: error: mythtv/libmythui/myththemedmenu.h: No such
>>>
>>> file or directory
>>>

>> There is something wrong here look at the prefix -DPREFIX=\"\". You
>>
>> would expect that to be set to the prefix you are using, usually either
>>
>> /usr or usr/local. Did you successfully install Myth before trying to
>>
>> compile the plugins?
>>

>> Paul H.
>>

> % which mythtv
> /usr/local/bin/mythtv
>
> When I ran "sudo make install" I didn't get any errors.  It's been a
> while since I've installed the svn but I'm pretty sure I didn't have
> to do anything special last time.

You must of missed a step somewhere. I'd start a fresh if I were you.

In the mythtv source directory do
./configure --prefix=/usr/local   ... Add  any other configure options
you need
make
make install (as root)

if there was no errors change into the mythplugins directory
./configure --prefix=/usr/local ... Add any other configure options
make
make install (as root)

install the additional myththemes if you need them

I assume above you want to install into /usr/local actually that is the
default so the prefix isn't really needed but if you do change the
prefix you must use the same prefix for mythtv, mythplugins and myththemes.

Once you have everything compiling OK you don't usually need to run
configure just do the make, make install. Sometimes you may have to do a
make clean to get things to re-compile cleanly.

Paul H.