[mythtv-users] Analogue 5.1 Surround Sound Out

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 3 22:26:18 UTC 2007

OK, further studying of the problem makes me think that I'm having the
front audio (not the center and sub) cloned over all my outputs. I'm
beginning to think ALSA isn't detecting my sound card as being
surround sound capable (but I DO have volume controls for front,
surround, center, LFE, and side). All outputs seem to be carrying the
same sound, which I think should actually be the sound on 'front'.

I wonder if ALSA incorrectly mapped my channels, or maybe there's a
bug in the driver. I'll try with a USB sound card I have (An Audigy 2
NX), but that comes with it's own problems...