[mythtv-users] VNC

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jan 4 03:57:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 22:47 -0500, MacNean Tyrrell wrote:
> So i have vnc installed and can log into from my windows box.  What  i
> want is to be able to edit the recordings from this box, but when it
> pays recordings i get the blue screen.  Is there a way to play
> recordings on both, or force it for the session to the vNC server?

I sincerely doubt this is doable. VNC does not and will not be able to
transmit such fast frame changes. (even on a Gigabit LAN)
If you really want to do that, what I would suggest is you perhaps try
to get an X server for your windows Box (Xming) and then run the remote
app locally tunnelled to the windows box.