[mythtv-users] XvMC on NVidia with Myth .20 (Anyone getting good HD off a P4 3.2G or less without XVMC?)

Ali Asad Lotia ali.asad.lotia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 16:08:14 UTC 2007

I'm running on a p4 3.2 Ghz machine which is running Gentoo Linux and
I've installed Myth using the ebuilds. My machine specs are:

p4 3.2Ghz with hyperthreading enabled
2GB RAM
Gigabyte P945 based motherboard
4 x SATA 300 HD.
Gigabyte GeForce 6600 PCI Express VGA
1 x PCHDTV 3000 PCI HD tuner card
1 x PVR-500 PCI SD tuner card

I have no problem playing back HD without XvMC enabled and this is a
combined frontend backend machine. I am currently not displaying at HD
resolutions since I don't (yet) have and HD display, but the machine
is decoding an HD stream.

Hope this helps.

--
Ali