[mythtv-users] Problems with encrypted channels

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Thu Jan 4 16:38:27 UTC 2007

Neosat wrote:

> I have mythtv with satcard and encrypted channel subscription card and
> if I tune to a channel that can not get decryped after some seconds I get:
>
> ERROR ENCOUNTERED WHILE DISPLAYING VIDEO.
>
> After the message I get only one option to return to main menu. It is
> very ennoying because if this happens it stack to that channel and it
> is very hard to move away to other channel.
>
> Regards
>
> Neeesat

I can confirm that one. If you look in the backend logs, you will notice
that the CAM is giving some messages. Apparently the backend is not
handling those messages too well. When the CAM cannot decrypt, the
backend should give a message to frontend, and gracefully be ready to
change channel. It should not keep trying to decrypt, as that will
certainly fail.

Cheers,

Rudy

P.S. I am not a coder, willing to test though.