[mythtv-users] Myth based Car Computer

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Thu Jan 4 17:38:14 UTC 2007

George,
When I first started on the carpc, myth .18 was the
latest/greatest. This meant no touchscreen support at all. This is why I
fabricated the control panel next to my shifter. It registers to the
system as a USB keyboard. See the archived photos:

https://www.timekiller.org/carpc/archive.php

It works, and I
was able to make it look factory, but ultimately I'd like to do away with
it and be 100% touchscreen controlled. Obviously there is plenty of work
that needs to be done before that happens.

Anyone know the
status of mouse control in Myth ? Is there a plan to make it 100%
mouse-only compatible ?

-Jason

> Jason:
>

> Very nice.  I've tried MythTV on a touchscreen for in-home use
(mostly
> music, weather and news).  One thing I could not easily
get around is
> issuing a "back" or "esc" to
Myth to move out of some programs (e.g.,
> mythmusic).  I finally
had to activate the telnet control of Myth and
> create a small
Kpanel applet that would allow me to issue an "esc" to

myth via the telnet interface (this also means you have to run Myth in
> a window rather than full-screen).  Have you come up with
another

<mythtv at timekiller.org> wrote:
>> Dunno how many people
will remember this, but a while back I posted my

https://www.timekiller.org/carpc/index.php

>> The
touchscreen and opengl transitions are especially nice additions...

>> Couldn't have done it without the great work done
on Myth, thanks