[mythtv-users] Status of OTA ATSC Channels in SF area

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Jan 4 20:00:35 UTC 2007

Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> says:
> Following a recent thread ("HD Tuner Cards"), I thought I'd record, for
> reference for others, the status of my ATSC OTA channels in my area
> (South SF Bay, next to Santa Cruz mtns by Hwy17:

As previously noted, I am in downtown San Francisco.

I will only note where my experience differs from Brad's.

> 11-1 KNTVDT  - doesn't work most of the time
> 11-2 KNTVDT2 - ditto

As previously noted, I am fortunate enough to be able to pull in these
channels *and* the various Sutro stations I'm interested in with only
a Silver Sensor antenna.

> 32-1 KMTPDT  - really, not so good

Didn't bother trying much here; no HD = no interest for me, more or
less.

> 36-1 KICUDT  - fine
> 36-2 KICUDT  - fine

Same here. Not much luck in the few moments I tried with these
channels, but again, I don't care.

> 54-1 KTEHDT  - fine

Ibid.

> There are more channels in this area that I chose not to receive
> because I didn't care about the content or because the transmitter
> is angled beyond where my antenna is pointing
> (http://www.winegard.com/offair/squareshooter.htm), or I simply
> didn't check if I could get them. Here they are:

I'm just as apathetic as you are about these. Even were it possible
for me to receive the non-San Mateo/Sutro Tower stations (Walnut
Creek, Sacramento, etc.) with my setup, I don't see what I'd gain from
them considering I already have over-the-air access to all seven
national broadcast networks. That said:

> 65-1 KKPXDT
> 65-2 KKPXDT2
> 65-3 KKPXDT3