[mythtv-users] fiberoptic IPTV recording on mythtv

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 20:52:23 UTC 2007

I used a packet sniffer called ettercap.
http://ettercap.sourceforge.net/
I had to plug the sniffing computer into the switch with my modem/router/STB
to see the packets.  I could only get a single ip address from the modem
(used by the router).  So the sniffing computer couldn't access the network
there.  But it could still watch the traffic.

The multicast addresses should be in the form: udp://224.xxx.yyy.zzz:8208