[mythtv-users] Problems compiling .20 svn

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jan 4 21:36:40 UTC 2007

John Brooks wrote:
> On 1/3/07, *Paul Harrison* <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
> <mailto:mythtv at dsl.pipex.com>> wrote:
>
>     I assume above you want to install into /usr/local actually that
>     is the
>     default so the prefix isn't really needed but if you do change the
>     prefix you must use the same prefix for mythtv, mythplugins and
>     myththemes.
>

> Really? I thought the default was /usr; the Ubuntu packages I
> installed (.19-5, from hunter I believe) went to /usr/bin.
>
> By the way, I was able to install .20-fixes (I decided against just
> pulling from the trunk) after uninstalling the .19 package.
> Everything's back up and running now. (Phew!)
>
> Thanks for the info, Paul. tgate, I hope it works out for you soon!
>
> Jack.

When you install from pre-compiled packages they nearly all install into
/usr. The default install prefix set in the configure scripts when you
install from source is /usr/local. That is one thing that often confuses
people who try to install from source after first trying Myth from
precompiled packages. They often end up with two Myth install in /usr
and  /usr/local.

Paul H.