[mythtv-users] need vid card with s-video, pci-x16 that "just works"

Nick nikosf at mail.com
Fri Jan 5 00:19:45 UTC 2007

> Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:49:10 -0500
> From: "Aaron Aguilar" <aaronaguilar at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] need vid card with s-video,	pci-x16 that
> 	"just works"
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> Here are two fanless Nvidias I am looking at:
>
> nvidia 7300le:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?Item=N82E16814121009
>
> nvidia 6200tc:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814127204

I've recently installed a nvidia 7100GS (in a Fedora Core 6 system).  It's a fanless low-end card, PCI x16 and has S-video out (as well as DVI and VGA).  I used the drivers from the livna repo and had a working system in literally minutes (after struggling for 2 weeks with the built-in intel graphics on my Intel motherboard).

It works great for me with myth, and my C2D E6400 even seems to play back the BBC HD DVB-S stream OK.

--
Low Prices, Wide Selection of Gas Masks
Everyday low price guarantee. We offer special police discounts and an extremely wide selection of gas masks, filters and huge selection of preparedness gear.