[mythtv-users] VGA to component cables

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Jan 5 03:43:26 UTC 2007

On 5 Jan 2007, at 00:49, Dave wrote:
> Connecting one of these VGA cables to a video card 15 pin port, and
> the
> other end to the YPbPr ports on the TV will likely yield undesirable
> results.

It might be interesting to see the results if one of these cables [1]
was connected to an RGB SCART socket, however. One might use one of
these adaptors:
   http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/YUV-RGB-SCART.html?
id=cVzMNRNk

SCART is very common here in the UK, and also throughout continental
Europe, so one could try this on someone else's telly first.

> Nvidia's new cards have a specific dongle, Im unsure about ATI.

Some ATi cards do - the X800 All-In-Wonder is one that springs to
mind, but I think also some other their other cards without tuners
also have "HDTV" connections.

Stroller.

[1] http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/2M-6FT-ATLONA-HIGH-QUALITY-VGA-
TO-COMPONENT-VIDEO-BREAKOUT-CABLE-p-16189.html