[mythtv-users] lirc issues after vacation

Davey McWatters daveyiv at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 5 04:14:21 UTC 2007

So I went on vacation for 3 weeks and come home to find out my remote no
longer works on my mythtv box, so I start messing around seeing if I can
fix it to no avail, so I come for your assistance.

mythtv at spork:/$ irw
connect: Connection refused

[   47.389668] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
[   47.396177] lirc_i2c: no version for "lirc_unregister_plugin" found:
kernel tainted.

mythtv at spork:/$ ps ax | grep lirc
22101 pts/0    R+     0:00 grep lirc

As you can see it does not appear that lirc is even running. Now, if i
do an lsmod it lists lirc_i2c as running.

I have tried going through the install procedures for lirc again, but
may have missed a step on clearing the old one out or something because
it just keeps doing the exact same thing. What other information can I
provide that may help solve my problem?