[mythtv-users] lirc issues after vacation

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jan 5 06:23:00 UTC 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 10:13 PM, Davey McWatters wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> On Jan 4, 2007, at 10:07 PM, Davey McWatters wrote:
>>
>> Are you sure you have the correct kernel module installed? Your
>> kernel might have updated and when you rebooted, you didn't have the
>> lirc-kmdl installed for that kernel.

> Nope, not sure of anything really. How would I go about checking/
> fixing
> that?

Depends on how you installed it. If you installed with yum, you can do:
yum list lirc*
and see if there's a lirc-kmdl which matches your kernel version. To
find your kernel version, do:
uname -r

or just do one command of:
yum list lirc-kmdl-`uname -r`

and if it returns nothing it means it's not installed so you need to
do this:
yum install lirc-kmdl-`uname -r`

Which of course you can just do from the start and see if it says it
needs to install anything. :)