[mythtv-users] fios and qip-2500 STB

Nick Collier nick.collier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 15:48:35 UTC 2007

I recently had fios installed and my old cable box was replaced with a
motorola qip-2500. It has a serial port on the back, but it seems like
its disabled. So, I bought a serial irblaster. At this point, I'm a
bit stumped. I've seen various and sometimes conflicting instructions
for setting up lirc to transmit to the cable box, so if anyone has a
pointer to recent instructions that would be great.

Also, if anyone has a qip-2500 and could forward along the lirc conf
just for that, that would be great.

thanks,

Nick