[mythtv-users] fios and qip-2500 STB

Lee Koloszyc teething12 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 16:12:32 UTC 2007

Nick Collier wrote:
> I recently had fios installed and my old cable box was replaced with a
> motorola qip-2500. It has a serial port on the back, but it seems like
> its disabled. So, I bought a serial irblaster.
>
> thanks,
>
> Nick

I have the same box and am also using the serial blaster.  I had called
Verizon but nobody seemed to know anything about enabling the serial port.
Anyways as for setup, I guess it depends on your distribution.  I use
gentoo and followed the instructions here:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_LIRC#Using_Multiple_Devices_Simultaneously
for setting up multiple devices.  So it may be similar.

As for the lircd.conf I used the same codes as the DCT2000  and they
seem to work fine.

Lee