[mythtv-users] using Xming to remotely setup/configure MythTV

Billy Macdonald whmac33 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 16:55:55 UTC 2007

--- R <rawgarlic at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
> The big screen has non-myth devices hooked to the other video
> inputs.  So I can get in the way when I am just experimenting
> with myth and others are trying to watch the big screen.  I
<snip>

Oh I know that feeling.  I can get some dirty looks when I start breaking the
Myth PC when they want to watch a movie.  That's why it's taking me weeks to
figure out XvMC.  I get 10 minutes of tshooting a day.  I'll recompile the
source remotely while at work and then quickly try my changes when I get home.

VMWare Player might be an option.  I've never used it but if you can make a
Linux Virtual Machine on your XP host, that may work.