[mythtv-users] lirc issues after vacation

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 17:17:07 UTC 2007

I don't use Ubuntu, so I can't really help with packaging part. Moreover, I can only speak from the personal experience, which is with the card pvr-usb2. The deal is that the IR functionality is provided by conjunction of two drivers: for me lirc_i2c (which autoloads lirc_dev, could be different for you) and device specific driver (for me it was 'pvrusb2'). The IR goes to the device recvr, is emmited out as events to /dev/lirc/0 provided by the pvrusb2 driver, lircd receives it from /dev/lirc/0 and routes it to specific programs. Now, you need to have IR functionality working in both lirc_i2c and pvrusb2. You need to dig deeper (google, ubuntu forums) and see which one got updated. If you can post the names of exact modules for your devices, we can maybe help.

since, /dev/lirc/0 is not there in your case as well (for me pvrusb2 was the culprit, it didn't really create /dev/lirc/0 because that functionality wasn't present in the in-kernel module), its the tuner specific driver that you are looking at, not the lirc specific driver.

-devsk