[mythtv-users] HD playback looses sound on and off

Tim Litwiller timlitw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 17:27:58 UTC 2007

I am having a little problem with HD content playback on my mythtv it is a
combined be/fe box.
It is a 2.8ghz P4 with 2 gig ram, and nvidia 6200 video card and 600 gig of
hard drive space and a creative sound blaster live card
playing back from the view recordings screen the show starts out ok, but
sound comes and goes with a little quiet static/pop crackle at times
it for sure happens if I fast forward - then it takes a few minutes for
sound to come ack on

But if I go across the network with a samba files share and the myth drivers
I found on sourceforge
and paly it with media player classic or vlc it plays back fine with no
sound drop out.

Should I suspect something with my sound card? I doesn't seem to likely to
me that it could be the fault.

I know the file is ok since it plays fine across the network on windows.