[mythtv-users] DB migration to new box...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 20:23:52 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, casey dunn <casey.dunn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/5/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > oops, hit send early...
> >
> > I was also going to add that you should be fine importing your old
> > database, though you may want to delete all your recordings devices
> > and re-add them as hardware changes may occur with new new/different
> > setups.
>
> Exactly what I was looking for.  It's all well and good to see the
> commands to backup the DB (which I'd all ready looked up).  I was
> looking for some input.
>
> There was also this
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Importing_Old_Database which
> didn't make any sense to me.  I don't understand the mythconverge ->
> mythCUR moves, it reads like a step or two is missing.  Why not just
> build the new machine, set it up then move recorded and oldrecorded?

that is cryptic.

Basically he's setting up a backup copy or something. since yours is
from scratch you could also just backup your mythconverg from your
mysql data directory then copy it back there in the new install. You
may have to create the db like it was new and then overwrite it with
your "old"/real version. I've done this type of moving about when
testing whether to leave my db on my recordings RAID10 array or on my
system drive (I have it on my RAID10 array if you want to know...).

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!