[mythtv-users] XvMC on NVidia with Myth .20 (Anyonegetting good HD off a P4 3.2G or less without XVMC?)

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 00:47:59 UTC 2007

jakep_82 at hotmail wrote:

> That CPU should work without XvMC. For reference I have an Athlon 64 3200+

> and I get ~40% idle while watching 720p and 1080i with Bob. I scale all
> output to 720p and I'm currently running SVN from about 2 weeks ago.

Jake,

I have a Sempron 2800+ that *almost* works without XvMC.  I've tweaked
enough that about half of the HD recording play without prebuffer pauses.
However, my test case is Fifth Element and I still get a number of
pre-buffer pauses.

You indicated that you scale all of your output to 720p.  How do you do
that?  Do you transcode?  Or is the scaling done during playback?

I'm hoping that this might be the final tweak that lets me play all my HD
recording with a borderline frontend.

Thanks in advance.

Tom